We would love to receive your application to join our CHOISES community! Our next available vacancy is in our Coogee building in February 2022.
Our membership process involves:
- Submitting a completed application with all the below documentation included
- Attending a meeting to meet us, have a look around our buildings and get a feel for how we operate
- A formal interview (think of this as like a job interview – after all, co-op membership is much like a part-time job!)
As an equal opportunity housing provider, if you have any difficulty with completing any of the required application criteria or need extra assistance, shoot us a message and we will help you out however we can.
In order to apply to CHOISES, you must be:
- A woman
- Aged 16 – 25 on application
- An Australian citizen
- Not married
- Able to complete and submit our full application process
What you need to offer our community
We are a small, independent and self-run co-operative community. Like a seasonal casual job, often we’re very busy running projects, and other times of the year we have a lull.
Our members are expected to contribute to the day-to-day running of CHOISES, take on projects where required and make themselves available to attend regular meetings.
What our community offers you
- A secure, rent-equitable apartment in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs (rent calculated based on income)
- Training in business practises, including a governance training course
- A community of like-minded individuals
- A room to call your own while you focus on your career and life goals
To complete your CHOISES application, please submit the following documentation:
- A completed application form (download below)
- A copy of your driver’s license, proof of age or other ID
- Your current CV
- Your last four payslips or your most recent group certificate if you are a sole trader
- A letter of reference from an employer (current or previous)
- A letter of reference from a flat mate or real estate agent (current or previous)
- Most importantly, a letter from you to CHOISES telling us who you are, and why you’re interested in becoming a member. Tell us what makes you happy, what you are looking for out of life, and what you’re like to live with.
Send everything across to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!